OKLAHOMA CITY — A fire at a strip mall cuts power and pulls the plug on local business.
The fire started just after 3:30 p.m. Wednesday on N. May Ave.
QuickFix store manager Kayvon Taghizadeh said, “This is absolutely going to be devastating for our business.”
The problem started five days ago when copper thieves dismantled A/C units.
“It’s like Dante’s inferno in there and heat does not mix well with electronics,” Taghizadeh said.
When contractors were installing new units Wednesday, a blaze ignited while a worker welded a pipe.
Dozens of firefighters rushed to the scene but had to wait to battle the sparks.
OKC Fire Battalion Chief Mike Walker said, “We weren’t able to extinguish the fire until OG&E was able to arrive on scene and cut the power to the building.”