91-year-old, Lou Revels is the ‘glue’ keeping church together | Church
Title (Max 100 Characters)
OKLAHOMA CITY — In this Pay it 4ward segment we focus on a woman who seldom says no to anyone or anything. Her name is Lou Revels. She is one of ten children; Valedictorian of her class. She is a feisty 91-year-old with more energy than folks half her age.
Every Friday, ladies from her church come to her house to enjoy one of Lou’s many talents. Her pastor, Richard Ehlers, nominated her and said what she does on Fridays is just the tip of the iceberg.
Faith Clune from Spirit Bank joins us to Pay it 4ward to Lou Revels.
Clips, rollers; she is more than a stylist, at 91, Lou Revel beautifies.
“She’s a great woman.”
Richard Ehlers, Pastor of Selecman Methodist Church says, “She’s just kind of the glue that keeps things going. Never rushes into anything and never forces anything. She just sees that it gets done. And it does.”
Like the community garden. She started it to provide food for those who need it.
When you ask Pastor Ehlers to describe her heart, he’ll tear up.
“Big as gold; just well, excuse me, anybody who need something, Lou is there,” Pastor Ehlers says.
Faith Clune, of Spirit Bank says, “Pastor Ehlers, thank you so much for nominating Lou. On behalf of Spirit Bank and Channel 4 we have $400 for you to Pay it 4ward. One hundred; Two hundred; Three hundred; Four hundred.”
Before we surprise Lou we took a side trip to the kitchen.
Pastor Ehlers says, “Tomorrow, it will have biscuits and gravy and scrambled eggs and bacon on it.”
Lou has cleaned and cooked on the vintage stove as a volunteer for any number of events; providing nourishment for body and soul.
Lou provides an old fashioned spa experience for these ladies every week. Just one of the many ways she’s devoted her days for the benefit of others.
Lou Revels says, “It’s something that I feel that I can do that I need to do. And, I like doing it. So any way I can help I will try.”
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy