Officials investigate shooting in southeast Oklahoma City | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Police are looking for a suspect in a drive-by shooting earlier Friday.
When officers arrived, they found a man bleeding and desperate for help.
OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said, “He was trying to get in a business here and trying to escape a person who was chasing him and we don’t have suspect information at this time.”
The man was shot somewhere around the 2800 block of S.E. 44th St. and ran about a block before police pulled up.
He was rushed to the hospital and is expected to survive.
Police said they got calls from people who heard the gunshots and now they’re working to find witnesses and interview the victim for more information.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Sleet-snow mix coating much of state through afternoon; Snow predicted Friday
- Joy 4 Kids: In Your Corner Team helping to make Christmas merry and bright for all
- OSSAA moves football playoff games back a week for predicted winter weather
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers warns to check flights before heading to airport
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks