Officials investigate shooting in southeast Oklahoma City | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Police are looking for a suspect in a drive-by shooting earlier Friday.
When officers arrived, they found a man bleeding and desperate for help.
OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said, “He was trying to get in a business here and trying to escape a person who was chasing him and we don’t have suspect information at this time.”
The man was shot somewhere around the 2800 block of S.E. 44th St. and ran about a block before police pulled up.
He was rushed to the hospital and is expected to survive.
Police said they got calls from people who heard the gunshots and now they’re working to find witnesses and interview the victim for more information.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy