Head-on crash involving stolen car and suspected DUI driver | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY — Police make two arrests after a head-on collision involving a stolen vehicle and a suspected drunk driver.
About 2 a.m. Thursday officers rushed to the area of I-240 and May on a call about a violent head-on crash.
Police say a woman was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of I-240.
The woman crashed head-on with another driver, who was behind the wheel of a stolen car going about 60 mph.
Police said they believe the woman who caused the crash had been drinking.
She was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The driver of the stolen car fled the scene.
That suspect was arrested a short time later at a nearby apartment complex.
Police say both drivers will face various criminal charges.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: few storms tonight, showers expected Thursday morning
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps