Head-on crash involving stolen car and suspected DUI driver | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY — Police make two arrests after a head-on collision involving a stolen vehicle and a suspected drunk driver.
About 2 a.m. Thursday officers rushed to the area of I-240 and May on a call about a violent head-on crash.
Police say a woman was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of I-240.
The woman crashed head-on with another driver, who was behind the wheel of a stolen car going about 60 mph.
Police said they believe the woman who caused the crash had been drinking.
She was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The driver of the stolen car fled the scene.
That suspect was arrested a short time later at a nearby apartment complex.
Police say both drivers will face various criminal charges.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from Yukon semi rollover accident
- Be on your guard for Monday morning drive after Sunday time change
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy