Head-on crash involving stolen car and suspected DUI driver | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY — Police make two arrests after a head-on collision involving a stolen vehicle and a suspected drunk driver.
About 2 a.m. Thursday officers rushed to the area of I-240 and May on a call about a violent head-on crash.
Police say a woman was traveling eastbound in the westbound lanes of I-240.
The woman crashed head-on with another driver, who was behind the wheel of a stolen car going about 60 mph.
Police said they believe the woman who caused the crash had been drinking.
She was taken to the hospital with minor injuries.
The driver of the stolen car fled the scene.
That suspect was arrested a short time later at a nearby apartment complex.
Police say both drivers will face various criminal charges.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- UPDATE: Man upset after homeowner’s insurance rates double; company blames OK’s high-risk status
- AAA offering ‘Tipsy Tow’ services for holidays starting Friday
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt