Two killed in southeast OKC officer-involved shooting | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Officials are investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting Tuesday night in southeast OKC.
Authorities said two people were killed in the shooting on S. E. 44th St. near I-35.
The officer was not injured.
Police said they were trying to serve felony warrants before the shooting.
OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said, “An incident ensued in which an officer of the law felt that they needed to use deadly force on individuals in a vehicle, they did so.”
The identities of the two shot have not been released at this time.
Police said the shooting may have started as a domestic incident.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: Heavy rain, lightening, high winds, heading towards metro
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game