Two killed in southeast OKC officer-involved shooting | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Officials are investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting Tuesday night in southeast OKC.
Authorities said two people were killed in the shooting on S. E. 44th St. near I-35.
The officer was not injured.
Police said they were trying to serve felony warrants before the shooting.
OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said, “An incident ensued in which an officer of the law felt that they needed to use deadly force on individuals in a vehicle, they did so.”
The identities of the two shot have not been released at this time.
Police said the shooting may have started as a domestic incident.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Be on your guard for Monday morning drive after Sunday time change
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy