Two killed in southeast OKC officer-involved shooting | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Officials are investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting Tuesday night in southeast OKC.
Authorities said two people were killed in the shooting on S. E. 44th St. near I-35.
The officer was not injured.
Police said they were trying to serve felony warrants before the shooting.
OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said, “An incident ensued in which an officer of the law felt that they needed to use deadly force on individuals in a vehicle, they did so.”
The identities of the two shot have not been released at this time.
Police said the shooting may have started as a domestic incident.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags