Two killed in southeast OKC officer-involved shooting | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – Officials are investigating a fatal officer-involved shooting Tuesday night in southeast OKC.
Authorities said two people were killed in the shooting on S. E. 44th St. near I-35.
The officer was not injured.
Police said they were trying to serve felony warrants before the shooting.
OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said, “An incident ensued in which an officer of the law felt that they needed to use deadly force on individuals in a vehicle, they did so.”
The identities of the two shot have not been released at this time.
Police said the shooting may have started as a domestic incident.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Oklahoma’s Kings of Leon returning to Sooner State, BOK Center April 2014
- Gas prices on the rise, Oklahoma still has some of lowest in the nation
- State lawmaker working to enact controversial ‘Merry Christmas’ bill today
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank