Unknowing fast food customer offers to buy robber’s meal | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – An armed robber targeted a south Oklahoma City Taco Bell and an unknowing customer offered to pay for the suspect’s meal.
A man at the counter threatened a worker at the fast food chain on the 3000 block of S.W. 3rd St. Wednesday.
That drive-thru customer misunderstood and came into the restaurant offering to pay for the armed suspect’s meal.
The suspect refused.
Minutes later an officer arrived, also not realizing a robbery was underway.
The officer said he thought it was a domestic incident.
OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said when the officer frisked the suspect, Markeese Gentry, he found a loaded pistol in his waistband with a 30-round clip.
Gentry was arrested for armed robbery and no one was injured.
Officers said they would like to speak to the unknowing customer who offered to buy the suspect’s meal.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags