Unknowing fast food customer offers to buy robber’s meal | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – An armed robber targeted a south Oklahoma City Taco Bell and an unknowing customer offered to pay for the suspect’s meal.
A man at the counter threatened a worker at the fast food chain on the 3000 block of S.W. 3rd St. Wednesday.
That drive-thru customer misunderstood and came into the restaurant offering to pay for the armed suspect’s meal.
The suspect refused.
Minutes later an officer arrived, also not realizing a robbery was underway.
The officer said he thought it was a domestic incident.
OKC Police Capt. Dexter Nelson said when the officer frisked the suspect, Markeese Gentry, he found a loaded pistol in his waistband with a 30-round clip.
Gentry was arrested for armed robbery and no one was injured.
Officers said they would like to speak to the unknowing customer who offered to buy the suspect’s meal.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Oklahoma’s Kings of Leon returning to Sooner State, BOK Center April 2014
- Gas prices on the rise, Oklahoma still has some of lowest in the nation
- State lawmaker working to enact controversial ‘Merry Christmas’ bill today
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank