Police arrest woman in Choctaw man’s murder | Crime
CHOCTAW, Okla. – Authorities have made an arrest in a Choctaw man’s murder.
After a tip from the public, detectives found Angela Durent in Midwest City.
Officials said she admitted to shooting the victim, James Vaughn.
Police found Vaughn’s body at his home near S.E. 29th St. and Indian Meridian after he didn’t show up for work.
He was shot multiple times.
Deputies have also recovered the missing car that was taken from the victim`s property.
The vehicle is being processed for evidence.
The investigation is still ongoing at this time but it is believed that Durent is the only suspect in the case.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags