Police arrest woman in Choctaw man’s murder | Crime
CHOCTAW, Okla. – Authorities have made an arrest in a Choctaw man’s murder.
After a tip from the public, detectives found Angela Durent in Midwest City.
Officials said she admitted to shooting the victim, James Vaughn.
Police found Vaughn’s body at his home near S.E. 29th St. and Indian Meridian after he didn’t show up for work.
He was shot multiple times.
Deputies have also recovered the missing car that was taken from the victim`s property.
The vehicle is being processed for evidence.
The investigation is still ongoing at this time but it is believed that Durent is the only suspect in the case.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Put aside winter blues, temps soaring to the upper 70′s tomorrow, but fire danger high
- Cholesterol lowering drug being recalled for second time in two years
- Tornado, severe weather safety tips for drivers
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses