Police arrest woman in Choctaw man’s murder | Crime
CHOCTAW, Okla. – Authorities have made an arrest in a Choctaw man’s murder.
After a tip from the public, detectives found Angela Durent in Midwest City.
Officials said she admitted to shooting the victim, James Vaughn.
Police found Vaughn’s body at his home near S.E. 29th St. and Indian Meridian after he didn’t show up for work.
He was shot multiple times.
Deputies have also recovered the missing car that was taken from the victim`s property.
The vehicle is being processed for evidence.
The investigation is still ongoing at this time but it is believed that Durent is the only suspect in the case.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: Golf ball-sized hail reported in western Oklahoma, storm heading toward metro
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game