Police arrest woman in Choctaw man’s murder | Crime
CHOCTAW, Okla. – Authorities have made an arrest in a Choctaw man’s murder.
After a tip from the public, detectives found Angela Durent in Midwest City.
Officials said she admitted to shooting the victim, James Vaughn.
Police found Vaughn’s body at his home near S.E. 29th St. and Indian Meridian after he didn’t show up for work.
He was shot multiple times.
Deputies have also recovered the missing car that was taken from the victim`s property.
The vehicle is being processed for evidence.
The investigation is still ongoing at this time but it is believed that Durent is the only suspect in the case.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow