Store employee shot while confronting suspected thief | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY – A store employee was shot by a man trying to steal an ATV, according to Oklahoma City Police.
Officers responded to JRT Cycle near S.W. 29th St. and Agnew Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City Police told News Channel 4 the employee confronted the suspect.
Lt. Jeff Cooper said the altercation turned physical and the suspect pulled a gun.
“He went outside and saw a subject on one of the four-wheelers trying to steal it,” Lt. Cooper said. “The employee confronted the suspect and a fight ensued. During the fight, the suspect pulled a gun and shot the employee.”
The employee was transported to the hospital.
Investigators located a man in a nearby neighborhood who matched the description of the suspect.
A neighbor told police the man was looking for a house to hide.
Police arrested 27-year-old Michael Ruoff on a charge of assault with a deadly weapon.
Investigators have not recovered the gun used in the shooting.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- UPDATE: OHP dash cam video a step closer to being public, beaten deaf man in court tomorrow
- New social media drill, weather service to test reach of severe weather updates
- Man at OKC gun show caught selling weapons after felony conviction
- Prices at the pump jump across Oklahoma, could continue to rise
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy