Police investigate early morning shooting | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY—Police are investigating a shooting that occurred on the northeast side of the city early Sunday morning.
Officers were called to the area of N.E. 36th St. and Kelley Ave. in regards to a shooting.
Authorities say one person was shot and the suspect drove away before police arrived.
The victim was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Officers say there may have been some sort of confrontation leading up to the incident.
They are still searching for the shooter.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Put aside winter blues, temps soaring to the upper 70′s tomorrow, but fire danger high
- Cholesterol lowering drug being recalled for second time in two years
- Tornado, severe weather safety tips for drivers
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses