Police investigate early morning shooting | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY—Police are investigating a shooting that occurred on the northeast side of the city early Sunday morning.
Officers were called to the area of N.E. 36th St. and Kelley Ave. in regards to a shooting.
Authorities say one person was shot and the suspect drove away before police arrived.
The victim was taken to a local hospital with non-life threatening injuries.
Officers say there may have been some sort of confrontation leading up to the incident.
They are still searching for the shooter.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- Road conditions: Highways mostly clear, side streets still covered in ice
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI