Police bust home full of illegal guns, drugs, fake money | Crime
OKLAHOMA CITY — Guns, drugs and counterfeit money.
Oklahoma City police arrested two people overnight for running a house of crime Thursday night near S.W. 10th St. and Penn. Ave.
Information pulled from the trash led Oklahoma City police to raid the home searching for drugs but officers found a whole lot more.
“It was a quite a little operation they has set up, drugs, firearms and counterfeit money,” Oklahoma City Police Master Sgt. Gary Knight said.
In addition to weapons and ammo, police reportedly recovered large amounts of marijuana, cocaine and meth.
Notebooks filled with drug ledgers were also seized.
Officers recovered several sheets of counterfeit 20 dollar bills, counterfeit insurance forms and counterfeit dealer tags.
The couple living in the home, Daniel and Nora Meneses, are accused of all the crimes.
“She didn’t even know what he was hiding and what he was doing,” Nora’s mother, Elida Chavez, said. “She doesn’t even know what’s going on.”
Nora’s mother believes Daniel is responsible for all the illegal activity.
Three young kids lived in the home and the grandmother said her daughter would never intentionally expose the kids to illegal activity.
“If she knew he was doing that, I don’t think she’d put the kids in that house,” Chavez said.
Inside the home, police also found a photograph of an infant sitting next to a marijuana plant, a gang roll call and drug amounts.
That could prevent some future gang activity.
“This is a win/win, for us and society,” Knight said. “To get these drugs and weapons off the streets and get the bad guys behind bars.”
All three young kids were home at the time of the bust.
They are now staying with the grandmother.
Both suspects were booked into the Oklahoma County jail and are each held on a $41,000 bond.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man upset after homeowner’s insurance rates double; company blames OK’s high-risk status
- AAA offering ‘Tipsy Tow’ services for holidays starting Friday
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt