Westboro church to protest local funeral | Families
After the state has suffered the loss of four local soldiers, a well-known church has announced it will protest one of their funerals.
The Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting outside the funeral of 2nd Lt. Jered W. Ewy.
Ewy,33, was killed last month in Afghanistan after his unit was attacked with homemade bombs.
Ewy leaves behind a wife and a newborn.
The church congregation will be protesting the funeral on Thursday, August 11, 2011 at Henderson Hills Baptist Church in Edmond.
The group's attorney says they will be at the intersection of E. 2nd St. and W. I-35 Frontage Rd. from 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The Edmond Police Department has been asked to provide security for protesters against any retaliations.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy