Westboro church to protest local funeral | Families
After the state has suffered the loss of four local soldiers, a well-known church has announced it will protest one of their funerals.
The Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting outside the funeral of 2nd Lt. Jered W. Ewy.
Ewy,33, was killed last month in Afghanistan after his unit was attacked with homemade bombs.
Ewy leaves behind a wife and a newborn.
The church congregation will be protesting the funeral on Thursday, August 11, 2011 at Henderson Hills Baptist Church in Edmond.
The group's attorney says they will be at the intersection of E. 2nd St. and W. I-35 Frontage Rd. from 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The Edmond Police Department has been asked to provide security for protesters against any retaliations.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Petition expressing “no confidence” in state Superintendent gains thousands of signatures
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags
- Popular website helps Oklahoma family after tragic accident
- SOCCER FANATICS: OKC’s FC is inviting you to become a part of soccer history
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum