Westboro church to protest local funeral | Families
After the state has suffered the loss of four local soldiers, a well-known church has announced it will protest one of their funerals.
The Westboro Baptist Church will be protesting outside the funeral of 2nd Lt. Jered W. Ewy.
Ewy,33, was killed last month in Afghanistan after his unit was attacked with homemade bombs.
Ewy leaves behind a wife and a newborn.
The church congregation will be protesting the funeral on Thursday, August 11, 2011 at Henderson Hills Baptist Church in Edmond.
The group's attorney says they will be at the intersection of E. 2nd St. and W. I-35 Frontage Rd. from 9:15 a.m. to 10 a.m.
The Edmond Police Department has been asked to provide security for protesters against any retaliations.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- School testing company faces Board of Ed. after malfunctions, takes full responsibility
- One Grand a Day Giveaway, you could win tonight!
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon