One dead after apartment shooting | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – One person is dead and another has been transported to an area hospital after shots rang out Thursday evening at the Country Club Apartments.
Police were on scene for hours gathering evidence and talking to residents.
Darlene Herrell thought she heard fireworks. “It was like pop, pop, pop, six to eight times and I thought that meant that there were some nice fireworks being set off,” Herrell said.
But she was terribly wrong.
“A friend of mine said no those are gun shots,” Herrell said. “Then about ten minutes later the police and the ambulance came. I just started tripping out a little bit.”
Lt. Taylor Dinh with Oklahoma City Police said, “When we arrived we found one person deceased and other taken to the hospital.”
Elwyn Nelson heard six gun shots.
“I looked out my screen door and I saw one guy running away from the area,” Nelson said. “Then I looked out my front door and I saw three guys run out of the car yelling at each other to grab their backpacks. Then they ran back to the car.”
Police tell us they are working to confirm the number of suspects and their identities. No word on the condition of the other victim.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- School testing company faces Board of Ed. after malfunctions, takes full responsibility
- One Grand a Day Giveaway, you could win tonight!
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Memorial runner runs to remember family member lost in bombing
- You won’t believe what a man was driving during a high speed chase
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”