Transients blamed for vacant house fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—A vacant house goes up in flames after a transient tried to light a small fire to keep warm.
However, those flames got out of control and quickly spread to the attic area.
Firefighters rushed to the home in the 3500 block of S. Shields around 6 a.m. Saturday morning.
They were able to quickly put the fire out.
Fortunately, no one was injured.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy