Transients blamed for vacant house fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—A vacant house goes up in flames after a transient tried to light a small fire to keep warm.
However, those flames got out of control and quickly spread to the attic area.
Firefighters rushed to the home in the 3500 block of S. Shields around 6 a.m. Saturday morning.
They were able to quickly put the fire out.
Fortunately, no one was injured.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- Road conditions: Highways mostly clear, side streets still covered in ice
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI