Transients blamed for vacant house fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—A vacant house goes up in flames after a transient tried to light a small fire to keep warm.
However, those flames got out of control and quickly spread to the attic area.
Firefighters rushed to the home in the 3500 block of S. Shields around 6 a.m. Saturday morning.
They were able to quickly put the fire out.
Fortunately, no one was injured.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: few storms tonight, showers expected Thursday morning
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon