Smoke fills classrooms, school evacuated | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Students at a middle school in Oklahoma City were evacuated from the building after smoke started fill the classrooms.
Fire crews rushed to Roosevelt Middle School Tuesday morning after receiving reports of a fire in one of the rooms.
When they arrived, children had already been evacuated.
Firefighters say the smoke was coming from a damaged heater motor, which was quickly handled.
The kids were allowed back in the classroom a short time later.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- State leaders looking to increase school funding
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- Allergy Alert: Suffer from hay fever? Just stay inside today
- Students frustrated after testing trouble for second year in a row