Smoke fills classrooms, school evacuated | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Students at a middle school in Oklahoma City were evacuated from the building after smoke started fill the classrooms.
Fire crews rushed to Roosevelt Middle School Tuesday morning after receiving reports of a fire in one of the rooms.
When they arrived, children had already been evacuated.
Firefighters say the smoke was coming from a damaged heater motor, which was quickly handled.
The kids were allowed back in the classroom a short time later.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from Yukon semi rollover accident
- Be on your guard for Monday morning drive after Sunday time change
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy