Smoke fills classrooms, school evacuated | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Students at a middle school in Oklahoma City were evacuated from the building after smoke started fill the classrooms.
Fire crews rushed to Roosevelt Middle School Tuesday morning after receiving reports of a fire in one of the rooms.
When they arrived, children had already been evacuated.
Firefighters say the smoke was coming from a damaged heater motor, which was quickly handled.
The kids were allowed back in the classroom a short time later.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags
- Popular website helps Oklahoma family after tragic accident