Electrical problem may be to blame for blaze | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters are investigating a blaze that caused quite a bit of damage to a home on the city’s southeast side.
Oklahoma City crews were called to the 500 block of S.E. Grand Blvd. after heavy smoke and flames could be seen coming from the attic.
Fortunately, everyone was able to make it out of the home, including the family’s pets.
The cause is still under investigation but officials say the power went out about 30 minutes before the fire started.
The family was not insured.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow