Electrical problem may be to blame for blaze | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters are investigating a blaze that caused quite a bit of damage to a home on the city’s southeast side.
Oklahoma City crews were called to the 500 block of S.E. Grand Blvd. after heavy smoke and flames could be seen coming from the attic.
Fortunately, everyone was able to make it out of the home, including the family’s pets.
The cause is still under investigation but officials say the power went out about 30 minutes before the fire started.
The family was not insured.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy