Company admits fault in OKC home explosion | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – An update to a story we brought you last week, a home explosion caused by a natural gas leak.
It happened on the 2400 block of S.W. 92nd St. and Villa.
Incredibly, no one was seriously injured.
The homeowner was inside this house was baking cookies when her home suddenly exploded.
Five days after the blast debris still covers some yards while doors and windows are boarded up.
Now, the contractor who was working for AT&T accepts responsibility for the blast.
“It’s a very unfortunate situation and our heart goes out to all the victims,” Robert Evans said, with Arzo, Inc. “I’m very limited on what I can say but it is important that people know we are taking responsibility and are working aggressively to get everything back to normal.”
He said there is a lot more information about what happened that is being investigated but could not go into further detail at this time.
Evans said the company values the safety of its employees and clients and it’s something they talk about everyday.
“It’s a dangerous job, safety is first,” he said. “There’s a safety meeting held at 6:30, 7:30 every morning. These guys are very good at what they do but anything can happen.”
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- Petition expressing “no confidence” in state Superintendent gains thousands of signatures
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags
- Popular website helps Oklahoma family after tragic accident
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum