One killed in I-40 rollover accident | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – One person has died in a rollover accident near I-40 and Peebly Rd. Wednesday afternoon.
Officials said a silver sedan left the eastbound lanes of I-40 just West of Peebly Rd. and climbed a short embankment causing the vehicle to roll.
The car came to rest about 75 feet north of the highway in a heavily-wooded area.
Authorities have not released what caused the driver to leave the roadway in far eastern Okla. County.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Petition expressing “no confidence” in state Superintendent gains thousands of signatures
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags
- Popular website helps Oklahoma family after tragic accident
- SOCCER FANATICS: OKC’s FC is inviting you to become a part of soccer history
- Multiple job fairs coming to Oklahoma City
- NEW: One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum