One killed in I-40 rollover accident | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – One person has died in a rollover accident near I-40 and Peebly Rd. Wednesday afternoon.
Officials said a silver sedan left the eastbound lanes of I-40 just West of Peebly Rd. and climbed a short embankment causing the vehicle to roll.
The car came to rest about 75 feet north of the highway in a heavily-wooded area.
Authorities have not released what caused the driver to leave the roadway in far eastern Okla. County.
The identity of the victim has not been released.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- One Grand a Day Giveaway, you could win tonight!
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: few storms tonight, showers expected Thursday morning
- OKC man dies after being attacked with bat at softball game, two arrested
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35