Authorities investigate death threats against Okla. congressman | News
TULSA, Okla. – Authorities are investigating death threats made against a newly elected Oklahoma congressman and his family Saturday.
The Chief of Staff for U.S. Rep. Mark Wayne Mullin told reporters in Tulsa that the unspecified threat is being investigated and that precautions have been taken to protect Mullin and his family.
In a news release, Mullin’s Chief of Staff said, “Federal law enforcement authorities consider this to be a serious matter due to the content and nature of the threatening letters which were received.”
Mullin, a Republican, was elected to serve Oklahoma’s second district in November.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy