Authorities investigate death threats against Okla. congressman | News
TULSA, Okla. – Authorities are investigating death threats made against a newly elected Oklahoma congressman and his family Saturday.
The Chief of Staff for U.S. Rep. Mark Wayne Mullin told reporters in Tulsa that the unspecified threat is being investigated and that precautions have been taken to protect Mullin and his family.
In a news release, Mullin’s Chief of Staff said, “Federal law enforcement authorities consider this to be a serious matter due to the content and nature of the threatening letters which were received.”
Mullin, a Republican, was elected to serve Oklahoma’s second district in November.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- State leaders looking to increase school funding
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- Allergy Alert: Suffer from hay fever? Just stay inside today
- Students frustrated after testing trouble for second year in a row