Authorities investigate death threats against Okla. congressman | News
TULSA, Okla. – Authorities are investigating death threats made against a newly elected Oklahoma congressman and his family Saturday.
The Chief of Staff for U.S. Rep. Mark Wayne Mullin told reporters in Tulsa that the unspecified threat is being investigated and that precautions have been taken to protect Mullin and his family.
In a news release, Mullin’s Chief of Staff said, “Federal law enforcement authorities consider this to be a serious matter due to the content and nature of the threatening letters which were received.”
Mullin, a Republican, was elected to serve Oklahoma’s second district in November.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Joy 4 Kids: In Your Corner Team helping to make Christmas merry and bright for all
- OSSAA moves football playoff games back a week for predicted winter weather
- It’s Wednesday, Hump Day, at NewsChannel 4
- Most of state upgraded to Winter Storm Warning: Arctic blast expected Thursday, Friday
- Tips from AAA: What to know about driving in winter weather
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks
- State representative introducing “Merry Christmas” legislation
- Malls increase security to make sure shoppers are safe
- One victim treated, one in custody after stabbing at Penn Square Mall
- Salvation Army gets mysterious and generous gold coin donation