Crews suspect arson in concession stand blaze | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters rushed to a high school baseball field Sunday afternoon after a suspicious fire broke out at a concession stand.
Crews responded to the Western Heights High School baseball field after receiving reports of smoke coming from the building.
It didn’t take crews long to get it under control although firefighters estimate the blaze did about $20,000 worth of damage to the building.
Officials say they suspect the fire was intentionally set.
The door to the concession stand was kicked in and investigators say it appears people were trying to steal items.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags