Crews suspect arson in concession stand blaze | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters rushed to a high school baseball field Sunday afternoon after a suspicious fire broke out at a concession stand.
Crews responded to the Western Heights High School baseball field after receiving reports of smoke coming from the building.
It didn’t take crews long to get it under control although firefighters estimate the blaze did about $20,000 worth of damage to the building.
Officials say they suspect the fire was intentionally set.
The door to the concession stand was kicked in and investigators say it appears people were trying to steal items.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State lawmaker working to enact controversial ‘Merry Christmas’ bill today
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures