Crews suspect arson in concession stand blaze | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters rushed to a high school baseball field Sunday afternoon after a suspicious fire broke out at a concession stand.
Crews responded to the Western Heights High School baseball field after receiving reports of smoke coming from the building.
It didn’t take crews long to get it under control although firefighters estimate the blaze did about $20,000 worth of damage to the building.
Officials say they suspect the fire was intentionally set.
The door to the concession stand was kicked in and investigators say it appears people were trying to steal items.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: Large hail, damaging winds, tornadoes possible this afternoon
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- State leaders looking to increase school funding
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game
- Professors protested, lawmakers listened; millions going to Oklahoma’s education
- UPDATE: New details released in murder for hire case