Crews suspect arson in concession stand blaze | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters rushed to a high school baseball field Sunday afternoon after a suspicious fire broke out at a concession stand.
Crews responded to the Western Heights High School baseball field after receiving reports of smoke coming from the building.
It didn’t take crews long to get it under control although firefighters estimate the blaze did about $20,000 worth of damage to the building.
Officials say they suspect the fire was intentionally set.
The door to the concession stand was kicked in and investigators say it appears people were trying to steal items.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy