Cat, candle caused south OKC apartment fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire officials have confirmed a candle and a cat are to blame for a south Oklahoma City Apartment fire Monday afternoon.
The second-floor apartment owner said her cat began running around the apartment which may have led to the candle falling, setting her apartment on fire.
Authorities said her apartment is destroyed and two other units had smoke and water damage.
The damage to her apartment is estimated around $40,000.
No injuries were been reported.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: Large hail, damaging winds, tornadoes possible this afternoon
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- State leaders looking to increase school funding
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game
- Professors protested, lawmakers listened; millions going to Oklahoma’s education
- UPDATE: New details released in murder for hire case