Cat, candle caused south OKC apartment fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire officials have confirmed a candle and a cat are to blame for a south Oklahoma City Apartment fire Monday afternoon.
The second-floor apartment owner said her cat began running around the apartment which may have led to the candle falling, setting her apartment on fire.
Authorities said her apartment is destroyed and two other units had smoke and water damage.
The damage to her apartment is estimated around $40,000.
No injuries were been reported.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- Road conditions: Highways mostly clear, side streets still covered in ice
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma