Cat, candle caused south OKC apartment fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire officials have confirmed a candle and a cat are to blame for a south Oklahoma City Apartment fire Monday afternoon.
The second-floor apartment owner said her cat began running around the apartment which may have led to the candle falling, setting her apartment on fire.
Authorities said her apartment is destroyed and two other units had smoke and water damage.
The damage to her apartment is estimated around $40,000.
No injuries were been reported.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Put aside winter blues, temps soaring to the upper 70′s tomorrow, but fire danger high
- Cholesterol lowering drug being recalled for second time in two years
- Tornado, severe weather safety tips for drivers
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses