New south OKC library opened | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A new library opened for business Monday in southwest Oklahoma City.
The Almonte library welcomed readers to the new location on S.W. 59th St.
It’s an interesting story how this library actually came to be.
When the Southern Oaks library along S. Walker was being renovated, its services were moved to a temporary location at the Almonte Shopping Center.
People got so attached to it, they asked the city to keep it open.
During that renovation time, which was about 10 months, some 5,600 library cards were issued.
Library officials said they had no idea how undeserved the area was.
The new Almonte library will be a full service location with 18 computers, free WIFI and more than a million books, DVDs, CDs, and magazines.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: few storms tonight, showers expected Thursday morning
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps