Cigarette to blame for early morning fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters say a cigarette is to blame for an early morning house fire on the city’s southwest side Tuesday.
Fire crews rushed to a home in the 2600 block of S.W. 38th St. just after 3 a.m.
When they arrived, flames were shooting from a downstairs window of the home.
Officials say one man was inside at the time the blaze began.
Firefighters believe the fire may have sparked after the man fell asleep with a lit cigarette.
The resident told authorities when he woke up, the house was full of smoke.
Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire.
Authorities estimate the damage at around $15,000.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: Large hail, damaging winds, tornadoes possible this afternoon
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- State leaders looking to increase school funding
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school