Cigarette to blame for early morning fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—Firefighters say a cigarette is to blame for an early morning house fire on the city’s southwest side Tuesday.
Fire crews rushed to a home in the 2600 block of S.W. 38th St. just after 3 a.m.
When they arrived, flames were shooting from a downstairs window of the home.
Officials say one man was inside at the time the blaze began.
Firefighters believe the fire may have sparked after the man fell asleep with a lit cigarette.
The resident told authorities when he woke up, the house was full of smoke.
Fortunately, no one was injured in the fire.
Authorities estimate the damage at around $15,000.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy