2.6-magnitude quake hits Choctaw | News
CHOCTAW, Okla.—Residents in the Choctaw area may have felt the Earth move Sunday night.
The U.S. Geological Survey says a 2.6-magnitude earthquake hit the area at 8:54 p.m.
Reports say it was centered a mile northeast of Choctaw and about 24 miles east of Oklahoma City.
So far, there have been no reports of damage or injuries.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Sleet-snow mix coating much of state through afternoon; Snow predicted Friday
- Joy 4 Kids: In Your Corner Team helping to make Christmas merry and bright for all
- OSSAA moves football playoff games back a week for predicted winter weather
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers warns to check flights before heading to airport
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks