2.6-magnitude quake hits Choctaw | News
CHOCTAW, Okla.—Residents in the Choctaw area may have felt the Earth move Sunday night.
The U.S. Geological Survey says a 2.6-magnitude earthquake hit the area at 8:54 p.m.
Reports say it was centered a mile northeast of Choctaw and about 24 miles east of Oklahoma City.
So far, there have been no reports of damage or injuries.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Be on your guard for Monday morning drive after Sunday time change
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy