2.6-magnitude quake hits Choctaw | News
CHOCTAW, Okla.—Residents in the Choctaw area may have felt the Earth move Sunday night.
The U.S. Geological Survey says a 2.6-magnitude earthquake hit the area at 8:54 p.m.
Reports say it was centered a mile northeast of Choctaw and about 24 miles east of Oklahoma City.
So far, there have been no reports of damage or injuries.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- State leaders looking to increase school funding
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- Allergy Alert: Suffer from hay fever? Just stay inside today
- Students frustrated after testing trouble for second year in a row