Substitute admits to indecent proposals | News
CHOCTAW, Okla.—A substitute teacher in Choctaw is accused of sex crimes involving at least three teenage girls.
Authorities say 24-year-old David Griggs is charged with indecent or lewd proposals to a child under 16.
Griggs worked at Choctaw Middle School and allegedly had inappropriate sexual conversations with two girls on Facebook.
Officials say he allegedly texted explicit pictures to one of the victims.
Investigators say Griggs confessed, saying he hoped it would prevent him from ending up on “Dateline.”
Mark Myers, Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office, said, “Throughout the investigation, what we were able to determine was from Mr. Griggs himself. He came in and admitted to everything he had done. We wrapped up our investigation and gave it to the district attorney’s office.”
Griggs posted bond and was released from the county jail.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Petition expressing “no confidence” in state Superintendent gains thousands of signatures
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags
- Popular website helps Oklahoma family after tragic accident
- SOCCER FANATICS: OKC’s FC is inviting you to become a part of soccer history
- NEW: One arrested while federal agents surround a N.W. OKC home
- Man rushed to the ER after accidentally shooting self
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs