Substitute admits to indecent proposals | News
CHOCTAW, Okla.—A substitute teacher in Choctaw is accused of sex crimes involving at least three teenage girls.
Authorities say 24-year-old David Griggs is charged with indecent or lewd proposals to a child under 16.
Griggs worked at Choctaw Middle School and allegedly had inappropriate sexual conversations with two girls on Facebook.
Officials say he allegedly texted explicit pictures to one of the victims.
Investigators say Griggs confessed, saying he hoped it would prevent him from ending up on “Dateline.”
Mark Myers, Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office, said, “Throughout the investigation, what we were able to determine was from Mr. Griggs himself. He came in and admitted to everything he had done. We wrapped up our investigation and gave it to the district attorney’s office.”
Griggs posted bond and was released from the county jail.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: Heavy rain, lightening, high winds, heading towards metro
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game