Substitute admits to indecent proposals | News
CHOCTAW, Okla.—A substitute teacher in Choctaw is accused of sex crimes involving at least three teenage girls.
Authorities say 24-year-old David Griggs is charged with indecent or lewd proposals to a child under 16.
Griggs worked at Choctaw Middle School and allegedly had inappropriate sexual conversations with two girls on Facebook.
Officials say he allegedly texted explicit pictures to one of the victims.
Investigators say Griggs confessed, saying he hoped it would prevent him from ending up on “Dateline.”
Mark Myers, Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office, said, “Throughout the investigation, what we were able to determine was from Mr. Griggs himself. He came in and admitted to everything he had done. We wrapped up our investigation and gave it to the district attorney’s office.”
Griggs posted bond and was released from the county jail.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Road conditions: Highways mostly clear, side streets still covered in ice
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Oklahoma’s Kings of Leon returning to Sooner State, BOK Center April 2014
- Gas prices on the rise, Oklahoma still has some of lowest in the nation
- State lawmaker working to enact controversial ‘Merry Christmas’ bill today
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area