Substitute admits to indecent proposals | News
CHOCTAW, Okla.—A substitute teacher in Choctaw is accused of sex crimes involving at least three teenage girls.
Authorities say 24-year-old David Griggs is charged with indecent or lewd proposals to a child under 16.
Griggs worked at Choctaw Middle School and allegedly had inappropriate sexual conversations with two girls on Facebook.
Officials say he allegedly texted explicit pictures to one of the victims.
Investigators say Griggs confessed, saying he hoped it would prevent him from ending up on “Dateline.”
Mark Myers, Oklahoma County Sheriff’s Office, said, “Throughout the investigation, what we were able to determine was from Mr. Griggs himself. He came in and admitted to everything he had done. We wrapped up our investigation and gave it to the district attorney’s office.”
Griggs posted bond and was released from the county jail.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy