Rural home total loss after house fire | News
NEWALLA, Okla. – A house burns to the ground after multiple fire crews responded to a fully-involved house fire at S.W. 149th St. and Peebly Rd. near I-40 and Choctaw Rd.
The fire sparked in an unincorporated area, meaning fire crews from all over responded to the blaze.
When crews got on scene, the house was fully engulfed in flames.
Crews had to take a defensive approach while dealing with the fire.
According to fire crews, the house was for sale and was empty at the time the fire started. No injuries were reported.
Crews said they believe the fire may have been started by squatters staying in the home, trying to keep warm.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man upset after homeowner’s insurance rates double; company blames OK’s high-risk status
- AAA offering ‘Tipsy Tow’ services for holidays starting Friday
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt