Rural home total loss after house fire | News
NEWALLA, Okla. – A house burns to the ground after multiple fire crews responded to a fully-involved house fire at S.W. 149th St. and Peebly Rd. near I-40 and Choctaw Rd.
The fire sparked in an unincorporated area, meaning fire crews from all over responded to the blaze.
When crews got on scene, the house was fully engulfed in flames.
Crews had to take a defensive approach while dealing with the fire.
According to fire crews, the house was for sale and was empty at the time the fire started. No injuries were reported.
Crews said they believe the fire may have been started by squatters staying in the home, trying to keep warm.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: few storms tonight, showers expected Thursday morning
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon