Rural home total loss after house fire | News
NEWALLA, Okla. – A house burns to the ground after multiple fire crews responded to a fully-involved house fire at S.W. 149th St. and Peebly Rd. near I-40 and Choctaw Rd.
The fire sparked in an unincorporated area, meaning fire crews from all over responded to the blaze.
When crews got on scene, the house was fully engulfed in flames.
Crews had to take a defensive approach while dealing with the fire.
According to fire crews, the house was for sale and was empty at the time the fire started. No injuries were reported.
Crews said they believe the fire may have been started by squatters staying in the home, trying to keep warm.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy