Rural home total loss after house fire | News
NEWALLA, Okla. – A house burns to the ground after multiple fire crews responded to a fully-involved house fire at S.W. 149th St. and Peebly Rd. near I-40 and Choctaw Rd.
The fire sparked in an unincorporated area, meaning fire crews from all over responded to the blaze.
When crews got on scene, the house was fully engulfed in flames.
Crews had to take a defensive approach while dealing with the fire.
According to fire crews, the house was for sale and was empty at the time the fire started. No injuries were reported.
Crews said they believe the fire may have been started by squatters staying in the home, trying to keep warm.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Popular website helps Oklahoma family after tragic accident
- SOCCER FANATICS: OKC’s FC is inviting you to become a part of soccer history
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage