Gas leak causes head, chest pains at Okla. business | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—There were some tense moments at a business Friday morning when employees suddenly came down with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Emergency crews were called to Compressor Systems Inc., located in the 5300 block of S. Rockwell, after numerous employees complained of a variety of symptoms.
Officials say one person complained of chest pains.
When they arrived, several other people complained of severe head pains.
Firefighters say there was a problem with the ventilation system and the workers were exposed to a small amount of poisonous gas.
Fortunately, the problem was fixed and everyone is expected to be okay.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags