Gas leak causes head, chest pains at Okla. business | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—There were some tense moments at a business Friday morning when employees suddenly came down with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Emergency crews were called to Compressor Systems Inc., located in the 5300 block of S. Rockwell, after numerous employees complained of a variety of symptoms.
Officials say one person complained of chest pains.
When they arrived, several other people complained of severe head pains.
Firefighters say there was a problem with the ventilation system and the workers were exposed to a small amount of poisonous gas.
Fortunately, the problem was fixed and everyone is expected to be okay.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow