Gas leak causes head, chest pains at Okla. business | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—There were some tense moments at a business Friday morning when employees suddenly came down with symptoms of carbon monoxide poisoning.
Emergency crews were called to Compressor Systems Inc., located in the 5300 block of S. Rockwell, after numerous employees complained of a variety of symptoms.
Officials say one person complained of chest pains.
When they arrived, several other people complained of severe head pains.
Firefighters say there was a problem with the ventilation system and the workers were exposed to a small amount of poisonous gas.
Fortunately, the problem was fixed and everyone is expected to be okay.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy