Hotel fire on I-35 | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Residents at an Oklahoma City motel were evacuated by fire early Thursday morning.
About 4:30 a.m. Thursday crews were called to the Best Value Inn in the 4800 block of South I-35.
Thirty rooms were evacuated because of the fire.
According to firefighters there was a fire in the walls of the motel which spread to the attic area.
Officials speculate an electrical problem may have been the cause.
No one was injured.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow