Couple arrested for selling ‘ice’ from Jones apartment | News
JONES, Okla. – Police arrested two people accused of dealing drugs out of their apartment Monday.
Tura McLaughlin, 37, and Rocky Hanover, 23, were taken into custody.
Jones Police served a search warrant at their apartment at the Garden Walk Apartments where they said they found nine grams of “ice” and several other drugs.
“It is the purest form of methamphetamine there is,” Sgt. Joe Bradley said. “Generally the ice methamphetamine comes straight from Mexico.”
Sgt. Bradley said police received a tip that drugs were being sold at the apartment.
Police had the area under surveillance for several days.
“When you have people coming at all hours of the day and night and they are staying for 10 to 15 minutes at a time and then leaving, it is a pretty good indicator that there is drug traffic,” Sgt. Bradley said.
The suspects were arrested on drug charges and booked into the Oklahoma County Detention Center.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- School testing company faces Board of Ed. after malfunctions, takes full responsibility
- One Grand a Day Giveaway, you could win tonight!
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon