Couple arrested for selling ‘ice’ from Jones apartment | News
JONES, Okla. – Police arrested two people accused of dealing drugs out of their apartment Monday.
Tura McLaughlin, 37, and Rocky Hanover, 23, were taken into custody.
Jones Police served a search warrant at their apartment at the Garden Walk Apartments where they said they found nine grams of “ice” and several other drugs.
“It is the purest form of methamphetamine there is,” Sgt. Joe Bradley said. “Generally the ice methamphetamine comes straight from Mexico.”
Sgt. Bradley said police received a tip that drugs were being sold at the apartment.
Police had the area under surveillance for several days.
“When you have people coming at all hours of the day and night and they are staying for 10 to 15 minutes at a time and then leaving, it is a pretty good indicator that there is drug traffic,” Sgt. Bradley said.
The suspects were arrested on drug charges and booked into the Oklahoma County Detention Center.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow