Officers identify victim in south OKC apartment shooting | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities have identified the person killed in a southwest Oklahoma City shooting Wednesday.
Officials said the victim is 22-year-old Marquise Callender.
Just after 11 a.m., crews were called to the scene of a shooting at the Will Rogers Courts apartments on the 1700 block of Pettee near S.W. 15th St. and Penn. Ave.
Police are searching for a suspect but have not released a description.
A witness told authorities they spotted a black SUV just before the shooting.
Authorities have not said what led to the shooting.
Anyone with information in this shooting can call the homicide tip line at (405) 297-1200.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Allergy Alert: Cedar pollen very high, sufferers should just stay indoors
- Oklahoma Rep. authors bill warning of dangers of tongue piercing
- Put aside winter blues, temps soaring to the upper 70′s tomorrow, but fire danger high
- Cholesterol lowering drug being recalled for second time in two years
- Tornado, severe weather safety tips for drivers
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business