Officers identify victim in south OKC apartment shooting | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Authorities have identified the person killed in a southwest Oklahoma City shooting Wednesday.
Officials said the victim is 22-year-old Marquise Callender.
Just after 11 a.m., crews were called to the scene of a shooting at the Will Rogers Courts apartments on the 1700 block of Pettee near S.W. 15th St. and Penn. Ave.
Police are searching for a suspect but have not released a description.
A witness told authorities they spotted a black SUV just before the shooting.
Authorities have not said what led to the shooting.
Anyone with information in this shooting can call the homicide tip line at (405) 297-1200.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Woman’s prized heirlooms stolen from motel parking lot
- UPDATE: No Surrey Hills students injured in Yukon bus accident; two in other car in good condition
- Man upset after homeowner’s insurance rates double; company blames OK’s high-risk status
- AAA offering ‘Tipsy Tow’ services for holidays starting Friday
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- New bill would prevent teens from accessing e-cigarettes
- City crews overwhelmed while on pothole patrol
- Firefighters fill truck with Christmas gifts for kids in DHS custody
- Alleged smash and grab burglar causes more damage to business than just stolen items
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS