Choctaw police chase ends in struggle, arrest | News
CHOCTAW, Okla. – One man is in custody after a police chase through Choctaw and a brief struggle Thursday afternoon.
Authorities said this all started as a 911 hang up call followed by a panic alarm at a Jones home.
When officers arrived at that home, the suspect sped off in a Toyota reaching speeds of over 140 miles per hour.
Officials said the suspect lost police and eventually circled back to the home where the chase began.
Police arrested the man with the help of a stun gun after he came out of the home.
Authorities said the suspect was taken to the hospital and that he may suffer from mental health issues.
Authorities have not released the suspect’s identity.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Popular website helps Oklahoma family after tragic accident
- SOCCER FANATICS: OKC’s FC is inviting you to become a part of soccer history
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage
- Oklahoma K9 finds 1.5 pounds of meth in traffic stop; married couple arrested
- Great State: The Duke’s Grandaughter and Joel McRea’s Grandson Glad to Share Memories at Cowboy Museum
- When and where you can see Thunder take on Grizzlies in playoffs
- Crews respond to house fire in Northwest Oklahoma City
- 14 arrested in local prostitution sting