Choctaw police chase ends in struggle, arrest | News
CHOCTAW, Okla. – One man is in custody after a police chase through Choctaw and a brief struggle Thursday afternoon.
Authorities said this all started as a 911 hang up call followed by a panic alarm at a Jones home.
When officers arrived at that home, the suspect sped off in a Toyota reaching speeds of over 140 miles per hour.
Officials said the suspect lost police and eventually circled back to the home where the chase began.
Police arrested the man with the help of a stun gun after he came out of the home.
Authorities said the suspect was taken to the hospital and that he may suffer from mental health issues.
Authorities have not released the suspect’s identity.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Sleet-snow mix coating much of state through afternoon; Snow predicted Friday
- Joy 4 Kids: In Your Corner Team helping to make Christmas merry and bright for all
- OSSAA moves football playoff games back a week for predicted winter weather
- OKC, Chickasha police asking drivers only to report injury accidents, suspending response to others
- Body discovered in north OKC, man likely died of exposure
- Will Rogers warns to check flights before heading to airport
- Get dogs in Christmas spirit Bark for Life photos with Frosty
- Police searching for armed suspect accused of holding up adult novelty store