Choctaw police chase ends in struggle, arrest | News
CHOCTAW, Okla. – One man is in custody after a police chase through Choctaw and a brief struggle Thursday afternoon.
Authorities said this all started as a 911 hang up call followed by a panic alarm at a Jones home.
When officers arrived at that home, the suspect sped off in a Toyota reaching speeds of over 140 miles per hour.
Officials said the suspect lost police and eventually circled back to the home where the chase began.
Police arrested the man with the help of a stun gun after he came out of the home.
Authorities said the suspect was taken to the hospital and that he may suffer from mental health issues.
Authorities have not released the suspect’s identity.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy