More arrested for looting in tornado disaster areas | News
SHAWNEE, Okla. – Three more people have been arrested for looting from the tornado disaster areas near Shawnee.
Police said Amy Cook of Ponca City and two others from California face multiple felony charges, including grand larceny and knowingly concealing stolen property.
Police said an electrical line worker trying to restore power near the hard-hit area on old Highway 270 noticed the trio acting suspiciously and called deputies.
Authorities found the suspects with copper wiring and an air conditioner unit taken from the destroyed homes.
If convicted, they could face up to 10 years for each count.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy