More arrested for looting in tornado disaster areas | News
SHAWNEE, Okla. – Three more people have been arrested for looting from the tornado disaster areas near Shawnee.
Police said Amy Cook of Ponca City and two others from California face multiple felony charges, including grand larceny and knowingly concealing stolen property.
Police said an electrical line worker trying to restore power near the hard-hit area on old Highway 270 noticed the trio acting suspiciously and called deputies.
Authorities found the suspects with copper wiring and an air conditioner unit taken from the destroyed homes.
If convicted, they could face up to 10 years for each count.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- State lawmaker working to enact controversial ‘Merry Christmas’ bill today
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures