More arrested for looting in tornado disaster areas | News
SHAWNEE, Okla. – Three more people have been arrested for looting from the tornado disaster areas near Shawnee.
Police said Amy Cook of Ponca City and two others from California face multiple felony charges, including grand larceny and knowingly concealing stolen property.
Police said an electrical line worker trying to restore power near the hard-hit area on old Highway 270 noticed the trio acting suspiciously and called deputies.
Authorities found the suspects with copper wiring and an air conditioner unit taken from the destroyed homes.
If convicted, they could face up to 10 years for each count.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- State leaders looking to increase school funding
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- Allergy Alert: Suffer from hay fever? Just stay inside today
- Students frustrated after testing trouble for second year in a row