More arrested for looting in tornado disaster areas | News
SHAWNEE, Okla. – Three more people have been arrested for looting from the tornado disaster areas near Shawnee.
Police said Amy Cook of Ponca City and two others from California face multiple felony charges, including grand larceny and knowingly concealing stolen property.
Police said an electrical line worker trying to restore power near the hard-hit area on old Highway 270 noticed the trio acting suspiciously and called deputies.
Authorities found the suspects with copper wiring and an air conditioner unit taken from the destroyed homes.
If convicted, they could face up to 10 years for each count.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags