Savvy Senior: Help for single retiring women | News
Today’s 4 seniors segment deals with planning for retirement; specifically for unmarried women. Many of us could stand to brush-up on our financial knowledge, but for unmarried women, the stakes are especially high.
Whether you’re single, divorced, or widowed, experts say single women tend to live longer and often find it harder to build an adequate nest-egg.
The Savvy Senior columnist Jim Miller has some great resources to help those close to retirement.
One great resource is wiserwomen.org. Visit their website or call 202-393-5452.
There are also U.S. Government resources that are very helpful like mymoney.gov. You can contact them at 1-888-696-6639.
Women also need to get up to speed on Social Security. That website is www.ssa.gov/women or call them at 1-800-772-1213.
We’ve given you a lot of information. You can always get that information here or remember our website www.kfor.com/4seniors.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- UPDATE: OHP dash cam video a step closer to being public, beaten deaf man in court tomorrow
- New social media drill, weather service to test reach of severe weather updates
- Man at OKC gun show caught selling weapons after felony conviction
- Prices at the pump jump across Oklahoma, could continue to rise
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy