Savvy Senior: Help for single retiring women | News
Today’s 4 seniors segment deals with planning for retirement; specifically for unmarried women. Many of us could stand to brush-up on our financial knowledge, but for unmarried women, the stakes are especially high.
Whether you’re single, divorced, or widowed, experts say single women tend to live longer and often find it harder to build an adequate nest-egg.
The Savvy Senior columnist Jim Miller has some great resources to help those close to retirement.
One great resource is wiserwomen.org. Visit their website or call 202-393-5452.
There are also U.S. Government resources that are very helpful like mymoney.gov. You can contact them at 1-888-696-6639.
Women also need to get up to speed on Social Security. That website is www.ssa.gov/women or call them at 1-800-772-1213.
We’ve given you a lot of information. You can always get that information here or remember our website www.kfor.com/4seniors.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- Road conditions: Highways mostly clear, side streets still covered in ice
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Oklahoma’s Kings of Leon returning to Sooner State, BOK Center April 2014
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today