UPDATE: Thunder draft possibilities: Storming to #1 pick ? | News
UPDATE — According to a published report on ESPN.com, the Oklahoma City Thunder is trying to make a deal with the Cleveland Cavaliers to gain the #1 overall pick in Thursday night’s NBA player draft. The article, written by ESPN Insider Chad Ford, says “…sources say the Thunder, (Minnesota) Timberwolves and (Portland) Trailblazers have been the most proactive in trying to get the #1 pick — but so far neither team has persuaded the Cavs to move out of the top pick.”
As it currently stands, the Thunder will have picks #12 and #29 in Thursday night’s opening round. OKC will also have an early selection in Round 2, #32 overall, but all of that could change between now-and-then if the parties agree to a deal.
The Thunder needs help inside with a big man who can score at the rim, and defend. And some say OKC may also decide to take a scoring guard to help the second unit when the starters need a rest. The 60-player, 2-round selection show will take place Thursday night LIVE from Brooklyn, NY.
OKLAHOMA CITY – The NBA Draft is Thursday night in New York City. At this point, the Thunder have three picks to make, but will Sam Presti pull the trigger and trade any of those choices away?
Lots of decisions have to be made between now and then. Until then, NBAdraft.net updated their mock draft and has OKC making all three choices.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- Road conditions: Highways mostly clear, side streets still covered in ice
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI