14 arrested in major meth drug bust | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — There was a major drug bust in the state. 14 people have been arrested and charged with running a large scale drug trafficking operation.
Just last week, the FBI arrested nine people from all over the state. Several others suspects are also charged.
Many of the accused are already behind bars with the department of corrections. The investigation didn’t start overnight.
In fact, it dates all the way back to 2011 and spans basically the entire state. For years the production and distribution of methamphetamine’s has been a major problem in the state.
“Meth is a big issue in Oklahoma, so to take a supply like this off the street, that’s what we want to do,” said Special Agent Rick Rains with the FBI.
Rick Rains says investigators broke up one major meth trafficking operation last week. Some of the suspects were from Altus. Many others lived in Oklahoma City.
In all, 14 people are accused of distributing no less than 50 grams of methamphetamine in addition to marijuana.
“We know they distributed multiple pounds of meth over a year and half so this is a significant amount of meth being distributed,” said Rains.
Some of the suspects were actually behind bars with the DOC during the investigation. Five suspects are accused of participating in the large drug trafficking ring while incarcerated.
This was a joint investigation with the FBI and several local agencies. The charges in this case range from intent to distribute and money laundering.
One suspect is charged with providing a firearm to a felon.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy