Crews respond to possible shooting at local complex | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– Police rushed to what they thought was a possible home invasion on the city’s southeast side and took one person to the hospital.
Authorities say they received word of a home invasion and shooting in the 300 block of S.E. 66th St. around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Bob Moore Chopper 4 was over the scene shortly after the call went out.
Officers arrived at the Beverly Place Apartments and initially had trouble finding a victim.
They soon found one man suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
Officials say it appears a fight broke out and the man attempted to kick in a door at the complex. The fight was between several people. At some point during that fight one person was shot in the leg.
He was taken to a local hospital for treatment. At this time, there is no word on his condition.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- UPDATE: OHP dash cam video a step closer to being public, beaten deaf man in court tomorrow
- New social media drill, weather service to test reach of severe weather updates
- Man at OKC gun show caught selling weapons after felony conviction
- Prices at the pump jump across Oklahoma, could continue to rise
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy