Crews respond to possible shooting at local complex | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– Police rushed to what they thought was a possible home invasion on the city’s southeast side and took one person to the hospital.
Authorities say they received word of a home invasion and shooting in the 300 block of S.E. 66th St. around 4:30 p.m. Wednesday.
Bob Moore Chopper 4 was over the scene shortly after the call went out.
Officers arrived at the Beverly Place Apartments and initially had trouble finding a victim.
They soon found one man suffering from a gunshot wound to the leg.
Officials say it appears a fight broke out and the man attempted to kick in a door at the complex. The fight was between several people. At some point during that fight one person was shot in the leg.
He was taken to a local hospital for treatment. At this time, there is no word on his condition.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow