Couple in hospital after crashing into light pole | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A man has been rescued from his vehicle after colliding with a light pole early Thursday morning.
Officials said the car hit a large light pole near S.W. 22nd St. and Portland, knocking it over and bringing power lines down on top of the car.
OG&E crews were called out to remove the lines.
Rescue crews had to use the Jaws of Life to get the man out of the car.
He was taken to the hospital.
A female passenger was also ejected during the crash.
Crews said she was able to talk when they took her to the hospital.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Joy 4 Kids: In Your Corner Team helping to make Christmas merry and bright for all
- OSSAA moves football playoff games back a week for predicted winter weather
- It’s Wednesday, Hump Day, at NewsChannel 4
- Most of state upgraded to Winter Storm Warning: Arctic blast expected Thursday, Friday
- Tips from AAA: What to know about driving in winter weather
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks
- State representative introducing “Merry Christmas” legislation
- Malls increase security to make sure shoppers are safe
- One victim treated, one in custody after stabbing at Penn Square Mall
- Salvation Army gets mysterious and generous gold coin donation