Couple in hospital after crashing into light pole | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A man has been rescued from his vehicle after colliding with a light pole early Thursday morning.
Officials said the car hit a large light pole near S.W. 22nd St. and Portland, knocking it over and bringing power lines down on top of the car.
OG&E crews were called out to remove the lines.
Rescue crews had to use the Jaws of Life to get the man out of the car.
He was taken to the hospital.
A female passenger was also ejected during the crash.
Crews said she was able to talk when they took her to the hospital.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Be on your guard for Monday morning drive after Sunday time change
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy