Couple in hospital after crashing into light pole | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A man has been rescued from his vehicle after colliding with a light pole early Thursday morning.
Officials said the car hit a large light pole near S.W. 22nd St. and Portland, knocking it over and bringing power lines down on top of the car.
OG&E crews were called out to remove the lines.
Rescue crews had to use the Jaws of Life to get the man out of the car.
He was taken to the hospital.
A female passenger was also ejected during the crash.
Crews said she was able to talk when they took her to the hospital.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage
- ‘Bill of Rights’ gives some Oklahoma parents final say on child’s upbringing, but not everyone
- Hungry? Local restaurants offer freebies, discounts today for Tax Day
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover