Harrah police searching for cigarette caper | News
HARRAH, OK — Police are hoping the public can identify a burglary suspect that smashed through a glass door at a convenience store to steal one item; cigarettes. Sgt. James Waller says the suspect was caught on surveillance video at Rocky’s Place using an object to smash the bottom of the glass door last Friday, about 40 minutes after the store closed.
The suspect can be seen crawling inside the store and walking directly to the cigarette counter. He showed no interest in anything else, including the cash register.
In less than two minutes, he is seen grabbing two cartons and several packs of cigarettes before leaving the area in a charcoal gray Chevy pickup.
Authorities say the alleged thief dropped almost all the packs trying to get back out the door.
“I believe it’s somebody that’s been in there before and knew where the item was that he wanted,” Waller said, “and came back after closing to get it.”
The owner, Rocky Bedard, says the door damage cost more than the stolen cigarettes’ value. He will be putting bars on that door to keep it from happening again.
Police say the man was driving a charcoal gray Chevy single cab short-bed pickup truck.
If you have any information on the crime, call Sgt. James Waller at (405) 454-1203.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man upset after homeowner’s insurance rates double; company blames OK’s high-risk status
- AAA offering ‘Tipsy Tow’ services for holidays starting Friday
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt