Standoff over: Union City escaped inmate arrested, woman in custody | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A standoff ended with an escaped inmate and a woman taken into custody Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City Police obtained a search warrant for a home where they said they believed Kristopher Johnson might be hiding out.
After nearly seven hours on the scene and multiple attempts to make contact with anyone inside, officers made their way into the home near S.W. 81st St. and Douglas, by S. Western Ave. and I-240.
Police said the woman, now known as Chelsea Price, surrendered and Johnson attempted to run out of the house.
Officials said they believe Johnson led them on a high-speed chase Monday, which ended in the neighborhood.
Officials said they tried to pull over a gray Nissan Titan and realized the driver could be an escapee.
Authorities said Kristopher Johnson escaped from the Department of Corrections facility in Union City, the Union City Community Corrections Center.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- School testing company faces Board of Ed. after malfunctions, takes full responsibility
- One Grand a Day Giveaway, you could win tonight!
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Protesters gather for “victory” celebration after controversial politician a no-show at graduation
- OKC man dies after attack with baseball bat, alleged suspect claims self-defense
- Two women with Oklahoma ties make list of world’s “Most Influential People”
- Run to Remember, marathon runners remember why OKC runs
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon