Standoff over: Union City escaped inmate arrested, woman in custody | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A standoff ended with an escaped inmate and a woman taken into custody Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City Police obtained a search warrant for a home where they said they believed Kristopher Johnson might be hiding out.
After nearly seven hours on the scene and multiple attempts to make contact with anyone inside, officers made their way into the home near S.W. 81st St. and Douglas, by S. Western Ave. and I-240.
Police said the woman, now known as Chelsea Price, surrendered and Johnson attempted to run out of the house.
Officials said they believe Johnson led them on a high-speed chase Monday, which ended in the neighborhood.
Officials said they tried to pull over a gray Nissan Titan and realized the driver could be an escapee.
Authorities said Kristopher Johnson escaped from the Department of Corrections facility in Union City, the Union City Community Corrections Center.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Popular website helps Oklahoma family after tragic accident
- SOCCER FANATICS: OKC’s FC is inviting you to become a part of soccer history
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage