Standoff over: Union City escaped inmate arrested, woman in custody | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A standoff ended with an escaped inmate and a woman taken into custody Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City Police obtained a search warrant for a home where they said they believed Kristopher Johnson might be hiding out.
After nearly seven hours on the scene and multiple attempts to make contact with anyone inside, officers made their way into the home near S.W. 81st St. and Douglas, by S. Western Ave. and I-240.
Police said the woman, now known as Chelsea Price, surrendered and Johnson attempted to run out of the house.
Officials said they believe Johnson led them on a high-speed chase Monday, which ended in the neighborhood.
Officials said they tried to pull over a gray Nissan Titan and realized the driver could be an escapee.
Authorities said Kristopher Johnson escaped from the Department of Corrections facility in Union City, the Union City Community Corrections Center.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Be on your guard for Monday morning drive after Sunday time change
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy