Standoff over: Union City escaped inmate arrested, woman in custody | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – A standoff ended with an escaped inmate and a woman taken into custody Tuesday night.
Oklahoma City Police obtained a search warrant for a home where they said they believed Kristopher Johnson might be hiding out.
After nearly seven hours on the scene and multiple attempts to make contact with anyone inside, officers made their way into the home near S.W. 81st St. and Douglas, by S. Western Ave. and I-240.
Police said the woman, now known as Chelsea Price, surrendered and Johnson attempted to run out of the house.
Officials said they believe Johnson led them on a high-speed chase Monday, which ended in the neighborhood.
Officials said they tried to pull over a gray Nissan Titan and realized the driver could be an escapee.
Authorities said Kristopher Johnson escaped from the Department of Corrections facility in Union City, the Union City Community Corrections Center.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man upset after homeowner’s insurance rates double; company blames OK’s high-risk status
- AAA offering ‘Tipsy Tow’ services for holidays starting Friday
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt