Victim dies after being hit by semi while attempting to cross I-240 | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– Emergency crews are on the scene of an accident involving a pedestrian in southeast Oklahoma City.
Bob Moore Chopper 4 and pilot Jon Welsh is over the scene near I-240 and Air Depot Blvd.
An individual was crossing the highway and was hit by a semi-truck.
Troopers confirmed that the victim passed away.
Eastbound I-240 is backed up around the area as emergency crews clear the scene.
Some drivers are being asked to take the service road near Sooner Rd. and diverting them back onto the highway at Douglas Blvd.
At this time, it is unclear why the victim was attempting to cross the highway.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Tax break could be coming for Oklahoma’s richest
- Oklahoma man arrested in connection to burglary after leaving DNA at scene
- Oklahoma schools rank in list of top high schools across the U.S.
- Stay 4Warned: Golf ball-sized hail reported in western Oklahoma, storm heading toward metro
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- After a cold training season, marathon runners ready for Memorial Marathon
- UPDATE: Crews open I-240 eastbound at I-35
- Couple continues to bond preparing for OKC Memorial Marathon
- 11 questions Oklahoma officers may soon use to save a woman’s life
- Meet your local soccer team, Energy gearing up for first home game