Victim dies after being hit by semi while attempting to cross I-240 | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– Emergency crews are on the scene of an accident involving a pedestrian in southeast Oklahoma City.
Bob Moore Chopper 4 and pilot Jon Welsh is over the scene near I-240 and Air Depot Blvd.
An individual was crossing the highway and was hit by a semi-truck.
Troopers confirmed that the victim passed away.
Eastbound I-240 is backed up around the area as emergency crews clear the scene.
Some drivers are being asked to take the service road near Sooner Rd. and diverting them back onto the highway at Douglas Blvd.
At this time, it is unclear why the victim was attempting to cross the highway.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow