Victim dies after being hit by semi while attempting to cross I-240 | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– Emergency crews are on the scene of an accident involving a pedestrian in southeast Oklahoma City.
Bob Moore Chopper 4 and pilot Jon Welsh is over the scene near I-240 and Air Depot Blvd.
An individual was crossing the highway and was hit by a semi-truck.
Troopers confirmed that the victim passed away.
Eastbound I-240 is backed up around the area as emergency crews clear the scene.
Some drivers are being asked to take the service road near Sooner Rd. and diverting them back onto the highway at Douglas Blvd.
At this time, it is unclear why the victim was attempting to cross the highway.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage
- ‘Bill of Rights’ gives some Oklahoma parents final say on child’s upbringing, but not everyone
- Hungry? Local restaurants offer freebies, discounts today for Tax Day
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover