Victim dies after being hit by semi while attempting to cross I-240 | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– Emergency crews are on the scene of an accident involving a pedestrian in southeast Oklahoma City.
Bob Moore Chopper 4 and pilot Jon Welsh is over the scene near I-240 and Air Depot Blvd.
An individual was crossing the highway and was hit by a semi-truck.
Troopers confirmed that the victim passed away.
Eastbound I-240 is backed up around the area as emergency crews clear the scene.
Some drivers are being asked to take the service road near Sooner Rd. and diverting them back onto the highway at Douglas Blvd.
At this time, it is unclear why the victim was attempting to cross the highway.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Be on your guard for Monday morning drive after Sunday time change
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- UPDATE: OHP dash cam video a step closer to being public, beaten deaf man in court tomorrow
- New social media drill, weather service to test reach of severe weather updates
- Man at OKC gun show caught selling weapons after felony conviction
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy