Police issue arrest warrant for shooting victim’s son | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- After three people are killed in the span of a few hours in unrelated crimes, police have identified a suspect in one of the murders.
On Tuesday night, witnesses called police after seeing a dead body in the 400 block of S.E. 55th St.
Once they arrived, officers found the body of 57-year-old James Edgar Canaday.
After a few days of investigating, authorities say they have named a suspect in the crime.
Officers say they are looking for the victim’s son, Jeffrey Scott Canaday, and say there is a warrant out for his arrest.
Jeffrey Canaday is known to frequent the Watonga area and Ft. Worth, Texas.
If you have any information on Canaday’s whereabouts, call 911.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy