Police issue arrest warrant for shooting victim’s son | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- After three people are killed in the span of a few hours in unrelated crimes, police have identified a suspect in one of the murders.
On Tuesday night, witnesses called police after seeing a dead body in the 400 block of S.E. 55th St.
Once they arrived, officers found the body of 57-year-old James Edgar Canaday.
After a few days of investigating, authorities say they have named a suspect in the crime.
Officers say they are looking for the victim’s son, Jeffrey Scott Canaday, and say there is a warrant out for his arrest.
Jeffrey Canaday is known to frequent the Watonga area and Ft. Worth, Texas.
If you have any information on Canaday’s whereabouts, call 911.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow