Police issue arrest warrant for shooting victim’s son | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- After three people are killed in the span of a few hours in unrelated crimes, police have identified a suspect in one of the murders.
On Tuesday night, witnesses called police after seeing a dead body in the 400 block of S.E. 55th St.
Once they arrived, officers found the body of 57-year-old James Edgar Canaday.
After a few days of investigating, authorities say they have named a suspect in the crime.
Officers say they are looking for the victim’s son, Jeffrey Scott Canaday, and say there is a warrant out for his arrest.
Jeffrey Canaday is known to frequent the Watonga area and Ft. Worth, Texas.
If you have any information on Canaday’s whereabouts, call 911.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags