Mower exchange program gives $100 voucher to go green | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Residents with a green thumb looking for another way to go green have an opportunity this weekend.
The Department of Environmental Quality is hosting a lawn mower exchange.
Participants can exchange old gasoline-powered lawn mowers for a $100 voucher toward the purchase of a new electric lawn mower.
All gasoline mowers for exchange must be operational and drained of all gas and oil.
Limit: One voucher per household.
Vouchers can be redeemed at the Black and Decker Service Center.
Gasoline mower exchange
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
OSU OKC Farmers Market
On Portland between Reno and N.W. 10th St.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Don’t forget to change your clocks!
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy