Mower exchange program gives $100 voucher to go green | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Residents with a green thumb looking for another way to go green have an opportunity this weekend.
The Department of Environmental Quality is hosting a lawn mower exchange.
Participants can exchange old gasoline-powered lawn mowers for a $100 voucher toward the purchase of a new electric lawn mower.
All gasoline mowers for exchange must be operational and drained of all gas and oil.
Limit: One voucher per household.
Vouchers can be redeemed at the Black and Decker Service Center.
Gasoline mower exchange
Saturday: 8 a.m. – 1 p.m.
OSU OKC Farmers Market
On Portland between Reno and N.W. 10th St.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Man upset after homeowner’s insurance rates double; company blames OK’s high-risk status
- AAA offering ‘Tipsy Tow’ services for holidays starting Friday
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- OKC school board drops plan to stop sixth graders from going to Classen SAS
- Gas shut off after leak evacuated businesses, closed streets near N.W. 10th St. and Robinson
- Woman arrested after allegedly singing loudly, attacking father
- Missing man found in cow pasture now in critical condition
- Best ways to protect your car from rust, paint damage caused by road salt