UPDATE: No live grenade found at OKC home | News
6:08 p.m. All emergency crews have left the scene.
Police tell us it was a practice grenade from World War II made at cast iron and is not dangerous.
OKLAHOMA CITY – The bomb squad is on the scene where grenade has been found at a metro home Friday evening.
Authorities have not confirmed if the grenade is capable of exploding or not.
Crews are investigating on the 9100 block of S. Westminster near S.E. 89th St.
So far no injuries have been reported.
Refresh this story and watch News Channel 4 for the latest updates.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow