Barn, hay bales, truck consumed in OKC fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire crews spent the night monitoring some hay bales on fire in southeast Oklahoma City.
The fire broke out around 12:30 a.m. near S.E. 74th St. and Anderson Rd.
Neighbors reported hearing an explosion.
When fire crews arrived, a barn filled with bails of hay was engulfed in flames.
A nearby farming truck was also on fire.
Crews are able to get most of the flames under control but not before the barn burned to the ground and the truck was destroyed.
Firefighters said they ran out of water so they decided to let the hay bails burn themselves out.
Authorities have not confirmed how the fire started.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow