Barn, hay bales, truck consumed in OKC fire | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Fire crews spent the night monitoring some hay bales on fire in southeast Oklahoma City.
The fire broke out around 12:30 a.m. near S.E. 74th St. and Anderson Rd.
Neighbors reported hearing an explosion.
When fire crews arrived, a barn filled with bails of hay was engulfed in flames.
A nearby farming truck was also on fire.
Crews are able to get most of the flames under control but not before the barn burned to the ground and the truck was destroyed.
Firefighters said they ran out of water so they decided to let the hay bails burn themselves out.
Authorities have not confirmed how the fire started.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags