Patrons come to aid of little girl, grandfather arrested for child abuse | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- Witnesses came to the aid of a little girl being beaten inside a local restaurant Tuesday afternoon.
A man believed to be the girls’ grandfather, 62-year-old Che Weise, was arrested on a child abuse complaint.
Police and paramedics were called to the China Wok Restaurant, near S.W. 89th St. and Western Ave.
Witnesses said they watched the suspect get violent with the little girl and felt compelled to step in.
Cody Nelson said, “He started disciplining his granddaughter, picked her up, chucked her up against the wall. Her head hit the wall and I just walked over there. He put his hand over her mouth and started hitting her with a shoe and I stepped in and told him enough’s enough and told him he wasn’t going to go anywhere and that if he tried to leave I’d do a citizen’s arrest.”
The little girl was taken to the hospital to get checked out but appeared to be okay.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Be on your guard for Monday morning drive after Sunday time change
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy