Patrons come to aid of little girl, grandfather arrested for child abuse | News
OKLAHOMA CITY- Witnesses came to the aid of a little girl being beaten inside a local restaurant Tuesday afternoon.
A man believed to be the girls’ grandfather, 62-year-old Che Weise, was arrested on a child abuse complaint.
Police and paramedics were called to the China Wok Restaurant, near S.W. 89th St. and Western Ave.
Witnesses said they watched the suspect get violent with the little girl and felt compelled to step in.
Cody Nelson said, “He started disciplining his granddaughter, picked her up, chucked her up against the wall. Her head hit the wall and I just walked over there. He put his hand over her mouth and started hitting her with a shoe and I stepped in and told him enough’s enough and told him he wasn’t going to go anywhere and that if he tried to leave I’d do a citizen’s arrest.”
The little girl was taken to the hospital to get checked out but appeared to be okay.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage
- ‘Bill of Rights’ gives some Oklahoma parents final say on child’s upbringing, but not everyone
- Hungry? Local restaurants offer freebies, discounts today for Tax Day
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover