Semi accident closes I-40 | News
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The eastbound off ramp of I-40 to the Kilpatrick Turnpike was closed early Wednesday morning. Troopers say a semi-truck pulling two trailers lost control of the trailer in the rear causing it to break off and tip over.
They say the rainy weather was most likely the cause of the accident causing the trailer to hydroplane and lose control.
The driver was not injured.
He was hauling a trailer full of mattresses.
Crews temporarily shut down the off ramp in order to the stand trailer upright and to make sure the roadway was clear.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Get rid of hazardous waste for free
- UPDATE: Pinned driver is ‘awake and alert’ after freed from semi rollover accident outside of Oklahoma City
- Be on your guard for Monday morning drive after Sunday time change
- Frugal Friday: Free exercise classes, free hazardous waste dump & spring celebrations
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy