Semi accident closes I-40 | News
OKLAHOMA CITY -- The eastbound off ramp of I-40 to the Kilpatrick Turnpike was closed early Wednesday morning. Troopers say a semi-truck pulling two trailers lost control of the trailer in the rear causing it to break off and tip over.
They say the rainy weather was most likely the cause of the accident causing the trailer to hydroplane and lose control.
The driver was not injured.
He was hauling a trailer full of mattresses.
Crews temporarily shut down the off ramp in order to the stand trailer upright and to make sure the roadway was clear.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage
- ‘Bill of Rights’ gives some Oklahoma parents final say on child’s upbringing, but not everyone
- Hungry? Local restaurants offer freebies, discounts today for Tax Day
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover