3 injured in southwest OKC school bus accident | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Three people are in the hospital after a school bus accident Wednesday morning.
Just before 7 a.m., a car and Southeast High School school bus collided near S.W. 27th St. and Shawnee.
The bus driver, a 13-year-old girl on the bus and the car driver were taken to hospital with neck/back pain.
Authorities say the car stopped at the stop sign but failed to look both ways and pulled into the intersection where the bus, that didn’t have a stop sign, hit the car pushing it into a neighboring yard.
The bus had very minor damage, the car had moderate damage.
Authorities have not released the names of those involved or their conditions.
Another bus picked up the rest of the students on the bus and took them to Southeast High School.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Icy roads help deputies stop 10 pounds of meth from reaching Bethany
- UPDATE: OHP dash cam video a step closer to being public, beaten deaf man in court tomorrow
- New social media drill, weather service to test reach of severe weather updates
- Man at OKC gun show caught selling weapons after felony conviction
- Prices at the pump jump across Oklahoma, could continue to rise
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business
- Alleged thief tunnels through walls to burglarize several businesses
- New face coming to the Oklahoma City Thunder before tonight’s game
- Naked, growling man allegedly assaults father and police
- Oklahoma man arrested, accused of going to mailbox naked, lewd acts in front yard with boy