3 injured in southwest OKC school bus accident | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Three people are in the hospital after a school bus accident Wednesday morning.
Just before 7 a.m., a car and Southeast High School school bus collided near S.W. 27th St. and Shawnee.
The bus driver, a 13-year-old girl on the bus and the car driver were taken to hospital with neck/back pain.
Authorities say the car stopped at the stop sign but failed to look both ways and pulled into the intersection where the bus, that didn’t have a stop sign, hit the car pushing it into a neighboring yard.
The bus had very minor damage, the car had moderate damage.
Authorities have not released the names of those involved or their conditions.
Another bus picked up the rest of the students on the bus and took them to Southeast High School.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Authorties unveil massive Oklahoma crime ring
- Oklahoma educators and lawmakers disagree over banning social study testing
- ‘That is disappointing,’ State leaders split over bill that bans cities from setting their own minimum wage
- ‘Bill of Rights’ gives some Oklahoma parents final say on child’s upbringing, but not everyone
- Hungry? Local restaurants offer freebies, discounts today for Tax Day
- Oklahoma City post office extend hours for last minute tax filing
- Authorities asking for help identifying suspect who allegedly robbed two convenience stores
- Battle lines drawn over smart meter safety
- Defense attorney still concerned with execution drugs
- Metro’s public transportation to receive makeover