3 injured in southwest OKC school bus accident | News
OKLAHOMA CITY – Three people are in the hospital after a school bus accident Wednesday morning.
Just before 7 a.m., a car and Southeast High School school bus collided near S.W. 27th St. and Shawnee.
The bus driver, a 13-year-old girl on the bus and the car driver were taken to hospital with neck/back pain.
Authorities say the car stopped at the stop sign but failed to look both ways and pulled into the intersection where the bus, that didn’t have a stop sign, hit the car pushing it into a neighboring yard.
The bus had very minor damage, the car had moderate damage.
Authorities have not released the names of those involved or their conditions.
Another bus picked up the rest of the students on the bus and took them to Southeast High School.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Oklahoma’s Kings of Leon returning to Sooner State, BOK Center April 2014
- Gas prices on the rise, Oklahoma still has some of lowest in the nation
- State lawmaker working to enact controversial ‘Merry Christmas’ bill today
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Footprints in snow lead deputies to Oklahoma City Christmas capers, granola Grinches
- Police investigate Capitol Hill teacher accused of sexual misconduct, no arrests have been made
- Winter weather still affecting flights at Will Rogers World Airport; Runways open but check flights before going
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank