Grenade found, OKC neighborhood evacuated | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Homes in a southwest Oklahoma City neighborhood near S.W. 23rd and Portland Ave. have been evacuated after a man found a grenade Friday afternoon.
Authorities say the man found the suspicious device while going through boxes of items he recently purchased at an auction.
Police say the area around the 3900 block of S.W. 23rd St. is being evacuated as a precaution while the bomb squad secures the device.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma Blood Institute declares blood emergency across state
- Winter weather advisory canceled, state still seeing record cold temperatures
- Oklahoma Snow Routes: Roads cleared for travel in winter weather
- Prevent pipes from freezing in predicted frigid winter weather
- Second round of snow on the way late tonight into early Friday
- Doctors, businesses prepare for winter-related injuries across metro area
- UPDATE: FBI arrests woman accused of robbing local bank
- Medics respond to car accidents, slips and falls related to ice storm
- EMSA urging safety for kids sledding in record low temperatures
- Tips to make sure you don’t struggle while shoveling snow