Grenade found, OKC neighborhood evacuated | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Homes in a southwest Oklahoma City neighborhood near S.W. 23rd and Portland Ave. have been evacuated after a man found a grenade Friday afternoon.
Authorities say the man found the suspicious device while going through boxes of items he recently purchased at an auction.
Police say the area around the 3900 block of S.W. 23rd St. is being evacuated as a precaution while the bomb squad secures the device.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Allergy Alert: Cedar pollen very high, sufferers should just stay indoors
- Oklahoma Rep. authors bill warning of dangers of tongue piercing
- Put aside winter blues, temps soaring to the upper 70′s tomorrow, but fire danger high
- Cholesterol lowering drug being recalled for second time in two years
- Tornado, severe weather safety tips for drivers
- FIRES: Wildfires are sparking across the metro, crews stressing caution during high fire danger
- Temperatures below -200 degrees freezing pain away, boosting energy in new technique
- UPDATE: Crews find body investigating carbon monoxide leak at home in northwest Oklahoma City
- Judge denies stay of execution for inmates questioning lethal injection drug
- Storm stranded cars bring big bucks to local business