Grenade found, OKC neighborhood evacuated | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Homes in a southwest Oklahoma City neighborhood near S.W. 23rd and Portland Ave. have been evacuated after a man found a grenade Friday afternoon.
Authorities say the man found the suspicious device while going through boxes of items he recently purchased at an auction.
Police say the area around the 3900 block of S.W. 23rd St. is being evacuated as a precaution while the bomb squad secures the device.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Scattered showers make their way into the state; highs in the 70s Monday
- Bricktown bleeds blue in anticipation of tonight’s game
- GEARING UP FOR PLAYOFFS: Thunder looks to strike down Grizzlies
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing