Grenade found, OKC neighborhood evacuated | News
OKLAHOMA CITY — Homes in a southwest Oklahoma City neighborhood near S.W. 23rd and Portland Ave. have been evacuated after a man found a grenade Friday afternoon.
Authorities say the man found the suspicious device while going through boxes of items he recently purchased at an auction.
Police say the area around the 3900 block of S.W. 23rd St. is being evacuated as a precaution while the bomb squad secures the device.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- DOWNLOAD: You can stay ahead of severe storms with Go4It & 4WarnMe free apps
- State leaders looking to increase school funding
- Land Run reenactment takes a dangerous turn at Mustang elementary school
- Allergy Alert: Suffer from hay fever? Just stay inside today
- Students frustrated after testing trouble for second year in a row