Grass fire burns 5 acres in OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—The strong wind is being blamed for fanning the flames of a grassfire Saturday afternoon.
Authorities say a small fire rapidly spread and consumed about five acres near S.E. 59th St. and Bryant Ave.
Fire crews responded quickly to get the blaze under control before any structures were damaged.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Joy 4 Kids: In Your Corner Team helping to make Christmas merry and bright for all
- OSSAA moves football playoff games back a week for predicted winter weather
- It’s Wednesday, Hump Day, at NewsChannel 4
- Most of state upgraded to Winter Storm Warning: Arctic blast expected Thursday, Friday
- Tips from AAA: What to know about driving in winter weather
- Council approves additional funds for MAPS 3 sidewalks
- State representative introducing “Merry Christmas” legislation
- Malls increase security to make sure shoppers are safe
- One victim treated, one in custody after stabbing at Penn Square Mall
- Salvation Army gets mysterious and generous gold coin donation