Grass fire burns 5 acres in OKC | News
OKLAHOMA CITY—The strong wind is being blamed for fanning the flames of a grassfire Saturday afternoon.
Authorities say a small fire rapidly spread and consumed about five acres near S.E. 59th St. and Bryant Ave.
Fire crews responded quickly to get the blaze under control before any structures were damaged.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Oklahoma prison closing down operations
- “We will never forget” Oklahomans gather to remember 19 years after bombing
- UPDATE: State Superintendent Barresi responds to “no confidence” petition
- Local food bank seeks volunteers to help sort food for hungry Oklahomans
- Local university to honor OKC bombing anniversary with flags