Vehicle collides with semi-truck on highway | News
OKLAHOMA CITY– A woman is in serious condition this morning after an accident involving a semi-truck.
Police and emergency crews responded to I-240 westbound, just west of I-35, around 2:30 a.m. Wednesday.
Authorities say a woman was traveling westbound at a high rate of speed when she rear ended an 18-wheeler.
Her vehicle came to rest on the side of the highway.
We’re told she was rushed to a local hospital in serious condition.
The driver of the semi-truck was not injured.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- Road conditions: Highways mostly clear, side streets still covered in ice
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Oklahoma’s Kings of Leon returning to Sooner State, BOK Center April 2014
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI
- Medical Examiner confirms now 8 weather-related deaths in Oklahoma
- Kids out of school again? Check out OKC Zoo’s indoor safari today