Firefighters handle powerline fireball | News
Firefighters in Oklahoma City were in the right place at the right time yesterday evening to handle a blaze.
At first glance, it appeared that a giant fireball was shooting from the side of an apartment complex in the 6400 block of Peniel.
Firefighters were able to quickly get the fire under control since they were already in the neighborhood.
Authorities say the crew was tackling a small grass fire when the other blaze started.
Officials say the fire was actually a result of an arcing power line.
Upcoming Events near Oklahoma County
Most popular stories from nearby communities
- $8 million set aside to help low-income Oklahomans with heating bills
- Silver bars, antique jewelry, sports cards; all at unclaimed property sale
- FBI searching for accused Yukon bank robber wearing nun’s habit, old woman mask
- Road conditions: Highways mostly clear, side streets still covered in ice
- Icy dangers for children playing outside near ponds during snow days
- Experts warn drivers about rust, paint damage caused by road salt
- Volunteers preparing for Red Andrews Christmas Dinner, in need of donations
- UPDATE: No one injured in car vs. fire hydrant accident in southeast Oklahoma City
- Woman warns others after burglars steal gifts outside local steakhouse
- OKC father killed in crash, 5-year-old son uninjured; police arrest driver for DUI